Shards of Peach Peel

I did not make any peach peel jam with my bushel of peaches this year. I have plenty and since no one really likes it I have to find ways to use it up. I often substitute it for other jams in recipes. Here is one that works well.



Chicken Salad

2 lbs. chicken
4 ribs celery or 1/2 t. celery salt
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
2 c. red grapes-can cut in 1/2
1/2 c. golden raisins

Poach chicken in water with a little apple juice and white wine vinegar by simmering for 45 min. (depending on the size) or until meat register 160 degrees. Let cool. Dice or shred chicken. Stir in rest of ingredients and mix in dressing. Spoon into romaine lettuce leaves.

Dressing
1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. half and half Or cream OR plain yogurt OR sour cream
1/2 c. apricot preserves OR peach peel jam
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
2 T. curry
1/2 t. white pepper

I use 2 t. curry and I don't add the vinegar. I increase the dairy instead to about 6 T. Add more if too dry or add a little vinegar.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I bet none of us would notice if you used it in this recipe. You have such good ideas!