Dark Chocolate Tart with Gingersnap Crust
From Bon Appetit
- 8 ounces gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies), coarsely broken
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Finely grind gingersnap cookies in processor (yielding 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 cups). Add melted butter and salt; process until moistened. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on rimmed baking sheet.
Combine finely chopped bittersweet chocolate and heavy whipping cream in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat. Whisk egg yolks, egg, sugar, flour, ground black pepper, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Very gradually whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture until smooth and blended. Pour chocolate filling into crust.