Another recipe using my living cottage cheese. This one even required it to be processed which I prepared weeks ago.
Adapted from Cooking Light
- Cooking spray
- 2 cans mushrooms, drained
- 2 T. dried onion
1 can spinach, well drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) carton 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 8 cups hot cooked penne (about 16 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cans chicken breast (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided $
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until very smooth. Combine mushrooms, onion, spinach, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and soup in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Note: You can cook the pasta mixture in individual eight-ounce ramekins; bake for 15 minutes.