Corn on the Cob
- Fill your pot with water.
- Add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Drop in your corn.
- Bring everything to a boil, making sure the sugar is dissolved in the water.
- Boil for no longer than 8 minutes.
- Remove from the water and let it cool enough for handling and eating.
- Handle it and eat it.
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, potato flakes, sugar, yeast, salt and ginger. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water, butter and pineapple juice to 120 degrees F-130 degrees F. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Shape each into a ball. Place in three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.