Peach Peels

Peach season soon will be upon us. I love freezing peaches and have learned to actually put them up before they rot.
It has only taken me 20 years.


Here is my recipe for freezing peaches:

1 quart peeled and sliced peaches
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. Fruit Fresh

Place peaches in a Ziploc freezer bag and add sugar and Fruit Fresh. Seal the bag. Gently shake the bag to mix the ingredients. Let the bag lie on the counter. Turn over/gently work the bag every so often until the sugar is dissolved and a syrup is created which covers the peaches. Freeze flat.

To thaw, I microwave the frozen peaches for 3 minutes. This makes them partially thawed/frozen. Of course I am using a 28 year old Amana Radarange. Your times may vary.






These frozen peaches make a perfect foundation for fruit salad.

1 quart frozen peaches, partially thawed
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 apple, peeled, cored and cubed
1 quart of strawberries, hulled and halved
add the following to taste:
grapes
blueberries
raspberries
kiwi

Combine and stir gently.


Hey wait a minute! I thought this was a blog about using up old rotten food or stuff that gets thrown out.

I give you peach peel jam.



Don't throw out those peels! Follow the directions on the SureJell instructions for making peach jam and substitute the peels. All those peels make a lot of jam! Or use one of these recipes.


http://www.recipezaar.com/41035
http://hemmeke.blogspot.com/2008/08/peach-peel-jelly-aka-peach-pit-jelly.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husband's review: Frozen peaches- 5 stars (out of 5); fruit salad- 5.5 stars; Peach Peel jam- a very generous 2 stars.
Umm umm umm -nothing like a peanut butter and peach peel sandwich. I'm sure there will be more to come from the creative mind of Tarnation.

Taryn said...

can't wait!

Tarnation said...

Can't wait for what? Peach peel jam? There is a ton in the basement. I will be blogging about how to use it up because I am not throwing it out. :)

Taryn said...

After I left the comment, I was thinking I should clarify what it is I can't wait for. hehe.