Green Tomato Pie
From Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced green tomatoes (about 4 to 5 medium)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add tomatoes and vinegar; toss to coat.
- Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Or top with a regular crust, brush with egg, sprinkle with sugar and make slits. Trim, seal and flute edges. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tomatoes are tender. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- 1 serving (1 piece) equals 433 calories