- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups margarine or butter, softened
- 1 (12.5-oz.) jar (1 cup) caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix at low speed until crumbly. Reserve half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F. for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour; blend well.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into 36 bars.
- Calories in one bar: 200