2. Place in freezer and leave until freezer burn starts to set in.
3. Thaw at your own risk.
4. Rinse well.
5. Liberally apply salt and lemon pepper.
6. Marinate a couple of days.
7. When broiling, top with heaps of brown sugar.
8. Serve, pretend nothing is wrong.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 1/2 pounds of salmon fillets
- lemon pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly oil broiling pan. Place salmon pan and discard marinade. Top with brown sugar. Broil salmon about 6 inches away from heat for 10 to 15 minutes until sugar is melted and starting to bubble and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook. You can always put it back in the broiler if it isn't done.