- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 pears - peeled, cored and cut in half
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the pie pastry into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Flute the edges. Place the pear halves cut side down in the pie crust with the small ends toward the center.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until smooth, then beat in the eggs one at a time until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and vanilla. Pour over the top of the pears.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until pears are soft and custard is set in the center. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 328 | Total Fat: 14.6g | Cholesterol: 68mg