Do You Say Brown Ketchup or Brown Catsup?

What? Yours is red? It hasn't turned brown? Lucky. I used my brown ketchup in my version of J-Dawgs sauce, a sweet southern style hot dog sauce. Sometimes I eat it without the hot dog. Or the bun. Note: the picture below is for photographic styling purposes only. It is not an actual representation of the amount of sauce that is generally used.

T-Dawgs Sauce
(copy-cat version of J-Dawgs sauce)

1 c. ketcup
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 T. apple cider vinegar

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and gently boil/simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often.

This recipe is a basic one that I often vary. Most times I make it even sweeter by adding an extra 1/2 to 1 c. of brown sugar. Sometimes I find it too vinegary and reduce the vinegar.

This can be used as a no-fat dressing on salads, cottage cheese, avocados, etc. Or as a bbq sauce. Add it to baked beans as well.

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Wow!! That is simple!! We'll try it right away!!