Orange Julius, Jello Style

Fact: I only make one Jell-O recipe and it doesn't require orange Jell-O.
Fact: I have left over orange Jell-O from someone's medical test prep.
Fact: I have a tower of sour cream and my recipe calls for yogurt.
Lets do dis.


Orange Julius Jello
3 small pkg. orange Jello
2 c. water
24 oz. sour cream
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 - 8.4 oz. cans of mandarin oranges, drained

Heat water until very hot/almost boiling. For ease use the microwave. Stir in Jello and mix until it is dissolved. Spoon sour cream into a separate bowl. Mix in powdered sugar. Add Jello a little at a time, stirring each time until smooth. (You could use a blender for this instead). Stir in mandarin oranges. Chill until set.

Save the drained juice to make a smoothie.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I still like the raspberry better because I'm more of a berry girl, but I have to say this was pretty good. And Tracy says he likes it a lot.