Some Old White Chocolate Chips

They have lost their fresh flavor, among other things, so its  time for them to go.  Oh, and some leftover popcorn.  
White-ish Chocolate Popcorn
Well I can't put yellow chocolate popcorn.
Adapted from C.C. 

24 oz white almond bark
5 bags of microwave popcorn (light)  

Pop popcorn, and remove kernels.  One bag of microwave popcorn makes 5-6 cups so I used 25 cups of leftover popcorn (the reason my popcorn is yellow).  Yes I did have that much.  And more.  Dump cooked popcorn into a big brown paper grocery bag.
 

Melt Almond Bark in microwave for 2 minutes, and stir.  Put in microwave for another 30 seconds and stir.  Or alternatively place chocolate in a heat proof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water.  My white chips were old, dry and clumped and seized up when I try to melt them.  I added butter, shortening or both during the melting process to re-emulsify them.  

Pour melted almond bark over popcorn and shake bag for a minute or two.
 

On a table, carefully rip seam of bag open and spread popcorn out with a spatula, ensuring all is evenly coated.  Good luck with that.  After shaking, I stirred a little then placed mine in a large bowl, mixed well and spread on waxed paper to cool.  

Calories: about 160 per cup

No comments: