Nuts.

I had been keeping my pecans in the basement fridge so they would keep longer.  Now they just taste like old fridge.   This heavy dose of cinnamon fixed that.  Kind of.
Candied Cinnamon Pecans
From food.com
Makes: not enough

1/3 cup pecans, sliced-lengthwise (I didn't slice mine)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar  (or light)
1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted

Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar.  Toss pecans with melted butter, then with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, tossing well to ensure a thorough coating.
Put the nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until sugar is caramelized.  Remove the baking sheet from the oven, slide the parchment together with the nuts off the sheet to cool, and set aside.



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I couldn't tell. Tasted yummy to me.