Well, those are inedible.
Cinnamon French Toast with Caramelized Peaches
From Curtis Stone
To prepare the caramelized peaches:
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the pan and cook without stirring for about 5 minutes or until the sugar melts and slowly begins to caramelize.
- Add the peaches and butter and sauté for 2 to 5 minutes depending on the ripeness of the peaches or until the caramel melts and the peaches are just heated through and tender.
To prepare the French toast:
- Using a fork, beat the eggs in a 13x9-inch/33x23-cm baking dish to blend. Place the slices of brioche in the eggs. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the eggs are absorbed, turning the brioche slices once.
- Melt the butter on a heavy large griddle pan over medium heat. Add the brioche slices to the hot pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown on the outside and heated through.
- Meanwhile, stir the sugar and cinnamon on a large plate or pie dish. Transfer the French toast to a cutting board and cut the French toast diagonally in half. Immediately place the hot French toast in the cinnamon-sugar and turn to coat completely.
- Divide the French toast among 4 serving plates. Spoon the peaches over the French toast, and drizzle the caramel sauce from the pan over the peaches and around the French toast. Spoon a dollop of crème fraîche atop each and serve immediately.