1. Buy lamb chops on sale because they are going to expire soon.
2. Come home and place them in the freezer 'cuz doggone it this time things are going to be different.
3. Thaw with a plan. (Things are still looking good.)
4. Busy, busy, busy. Forget, forget, forget. (The Downfall)
5. Ugh. Let the marination begin. And as always, don't forget to rinse and stinky meat first.
Herb Lamb Chops
1/4 c. oil
1 t. thyme
1 t. rosemary
4 garlic cloves, pressed or equivelant
2 t. kosher salt, optional
6-8 lamb loin chops
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a plastic food bag. Add chops and marinate overnight in the refrigerator or 30 mins. to 1 hour at room temperature.
To grill: Preheat grill on high. Add chops and turn to low. Turn as needed. Grill to a temperature of 140 degrees. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.
To roast in oven: Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.