Fresh Rhubarb Pie
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in pie plate. Heap rhubarb over this mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour. Dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with top crust. (I sprinkle the top with 1 T. of sugar).
- Place pie on lowest rack in oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 610