Victory Is Mine!

OK, not really. I mean I had a root canal and still have to have a crown on my broken tooth and the only thing
that happened to the stale French bread is that it was turned into delicious French toast.
I did, however, use a very sharp knife to cut it up.


Overnight French Toast for a Crowd

2 loaves French bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
1 pint (2 c.) whipping cream
1 dozen eggs
1 c. honey
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla

Grease two 9x13-inch pans or one large jelly roll pan.
Lay French bread slices flat in pans.

Beat cream and eggs until well mixed. Add honey, nutmeg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Pour over bread, dividing evenly between pans. Refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 400. Bake French toast 8 min. on a side until golden brown.

I like to make mine 24 hours before baking and flip it once (at the 12 hour mark) while soaking. I also don't like to flip it while baking so I just bake it on one side for about 20-25 mins. The bottom will be darker than the top using this technique so don't brown the top too much.

No comments: